Our School Philosophy
The Church of the Savior Nursery School has been part of the ministry of the Church of the Savior Lutheran Congregation since 1971. The school is established in obedience to and as and instrument of the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ, who said:”All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded of you.” Matthew 28:18-19 We use a creative approach, dealing in different media. Each child works at his or her own level; therefore products will not be the same for every child. The process is more important than the product.
As an extension of the Church, the school functions in partnership with parents to provide a Christian Education and to support the Christian home. We affirm that an atmosphere of redeeming grace and Christian love is the essential context for all learning and development and that…
- Children may be provided with a comprehensive program of pre-school education, so they may begin to develop their talents and skills for responsible Christian living and service.
- Children may be nurtured in the Word and Will of God
- Children may, in faith, learn to know and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and grow in their relationship with Him and with each other.
- Children may, by God’s grace, experience a full Christian life on earth and be assured of eternal life.
- Children may learn to recognize themselves as persons of worth made by God in His image
- Children may learn to understand and appreciate their talents as gifts from God and use them to the Glory of God in His service
Each individual person may have the optimum opportunity to develop his/her fullest potential so that the whole person may grow to maturity in Christ – physically, mentally, emotionally, intellectually, socially, and especially spiritually.
To accomplish the above purposes, we rely upon the promise of the Lord, who said: “Lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”