Call our school director, Gail Hayman, at 201-261-0420 to discuss any questions about enrollment or to arrange a tour, and we will introduce you to our “family.”
- Classes for 3 and 4 years olds – classes are separated by age groups
- Morning and afternoon classes – AM session from 8:45 – 11:45, PM session from 12:45 – 3:45
- Enrichment Class (formerly “Extended Day”) 11:45 – 2:30, Monday, Wednesday and Friday; Children in am classes may enroll for the extended day program.
- Programs run from September to June
- “All By Myself” – Children turning 2 1/2 before a session begins may enroll for September-June or January-June
- “Study Buddies” – Children in the 4 year old classes can get extra help in preparation for Kindergarten. This 1/2 hour session is held Monday OR Wednesday from 12:00 – 12:30.
A Typical Daily Schedule at Church of the Savior Nursery School
- 20 minutes – Arrival, health check, manipulative games
- 10 minutes – Love Circle
- 50 minutes – Outdoor or gymnasium activities
- 15 minutes – Music, creative dramatics and movement
- 20 minutes – Bathroom, rest, snack
- 50 minutes – Self-directed activities
- 15 minutes – Story-time, conversation, show and tell
Enrichment is an extra-curriculum class offered in the afternoon from 11:45 – 2:30. (Lunch bunch is included as part of the tuition).
The enrichment class is open to both 3’s and 4’s and students can enroll for either 2, 3 or 5 days.
As part of the curriculum, students are introduced to hands on learning experiences that incorporate STEAM –
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math
Examples of some of these activities include: LEGO building, science experiments and cooking acitivities.
We also incorporate lessons that focus on early literacy skills such as poetry, journals and author studies.
If you are looking to extend your child’s day or to add to their morning curriculum — Enrichment is the class for you!
All By Myself
All By Myself is a class for children who:
– will be 2 ½ by start of All By Myself class
– are potty trained (or are well on the way!)
All By Myself class will meet on Tuesdays & Thursdays (Sept – June) from 9:00 – 11:30. There will be 1 Teacher and 1 Teacher Assistant for the class of 12 children.
As the name implies, mom or dad will not stay with the child except to get him/her settled upon arrival. The typical schedule will be:
- 40 minutes – Free Play, Craft time
- 10 minutes – Songs & circle
- 10 minutes – Rest time
- 20 minutes – Wash & snack
- 50 minutes – Outdoor or gym play
- 20 minutes – Books, story time
Children will be placed according to age and readiness and on a “first come – first serve” basis.
Study Buddies is for our 4 year olds and is conducted on Monday or Wednesday for 1/2 hour from 12:00-12:30. This program is designed to help your child with Kindergarten Readiness. Generally it is a small group setting usually 3 or fewer children.
- Listen to a silly song about the letter on the carpet acting it out or simply dancing to its tune.
- Promoted as a fun way to learn their letters by using different materials such as wiki sticks to form the letter on paper, play doh, kenetic sand and shaving cream to shape the letter with their hands.
- Use dry erase boards to focus on fine motor development in writing or practicing the letter before using a worksheet in putting it down on paper.
- Focus is mainly on the letter of the week given by the 4 year old teachers to improve their letter recognition along with writing it in upper and lower case form.
- Working together with their parent and teacher, individualized attention is given based on the student’s needs.
- Fine motor development skills approach.
- At the end of the session as an incentive to work really hard, a game is played usually finding something in the room that starts with that letter and ending playing with that toy until their parent arrives.